- This event has passed.
Celebration of the Arts
April 22, 2016 - May 7, 2016
In honor of it’s 47th anniversary, the 2016 Celebration of the Arts will not have a featured artist; instead we will be celebrating the Susquehanna River, as seen through the eyes of various artists and community organizations. Some of the river-related events scheduled during this year’s Celebration of the Arts are:
- An invitational exhibit of paintings on the river theme will be at Faustina Gallery, 229 Market Street from mid-April through mid-May
- Special Poetry Path poem installations with a personal tour from the director of Bucknell University’s Stadler Center for Poetry, on Thursday, April 21
- The River Balloon Art Interactive Installation, created by Air Weaver Balloons of Sunbury: an oversize balloon sculpture in Soldiers Park Friday, April 22 and Saturday, April 23. Visitors will be able to add their own “drop” to the balloon river on Saturday during the Arts Festival.
- The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership will have a traveling exhibit of the winners of their annual photography contest, in Soldiers Park along the river.
- River-related Poetry Under the Paintings on Thursday, May 5, Faustina Gallery
The Celebration of the Arts is anchored by two main events, The Arts Festival, Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 – art, entertainment, and food all along Market Street—and Lewisburg Live!, Saturday, May 7th, 2016 – 8-10 bands in venues throughout downtown. Returning again this year will be Plein Air Painting, April 24th at various Merrill Linn Conservancy sites. This event is sponsored by the Lewisburg Arts Council. For more information about Celebration of the Arts performances and events, visit HERE and select the tab corresponding to your interest.