Looking for some family fun for the day or a weekend? Here are some great ideas…
- Order pizza or take-out and eat in the park and then catch a movie at the Campus Theatre!
- Take a Canoe Susquehanna kayak trip — www.paddlehappy.com.
- Catch a Lewisburg Dragon or Bucknell Bison game
- Stop for FroYo at Sweet Frog
- Find treasures at kid-friendly downtown stores:
- Learn about the local area and its history as a family. The Dale Engle Walker House has a different exhibit every summer, and Heritage Days every summer…Packwood House offers children’s activity series and several different exhibits every year…Susquehanna Life Gallery features photography and articles from the region…Slifer House has music on the lawn in the spring.
- Look for family-friendly events on this website: kid’s events and Top Ten Fun Things
- Give your family a taste of culture, right here in rural PA.
Pick a Weis Center Performance or gallery exhibit that’s interesting to everyone, dress up and have dinner at a nice downtown restaurant.
- Pack a picnic and eat under the trees at the Lewisburg Recreation Park on St. Mary’s Street, then play to your heart’s content. Rock climb, skate park, and tennis courts. The community pool is open in the summer and the skating rink in the winter.
- Play volleyball or other sports, or run the Lewisburg Lights 5k. You’ll find a lot of options for fun recreation at www.bvrec.org.
Lewisburg is a close drive to Reptile Land, Knoebel’s Amusement Park, Ard’s Farm Market and Corn Maze, campgrounds and hotels. Go to www.VisitCentralPA.org for more information on area attractions for families.
Family Friendly Dining and Hufnagle Park photos courtesy of Susquehanna River Valley Tourism Bureau